Friday, November 20, 2009

Favorite Online Resources

I lied. I'm not going to talk about budgeting today. I decided while I was going through my daily grazing of wedding websites, that you should be aware of some of my favorites before we go any further.

All of the sites in the list below contain a Pandora's box of wedding ideas. You'll find listing of local vendors, discussion boards with topics from fellow brides, photos of the latest trends in fashion, flowers, and decorations, as well as some really awesome DIY projects that will save you tons of mula.


The Knot

The Wedding Channel

Martha Stewart Weddings

Real Simple Weddings

Brides.com


For example, I found this adorable idea for a fall wedding on Martha Stewart Weddings: Instead of your flower girl tossing petals, find a small basket, line it with fall-time fabric and fill it with dried leaves.




Most sites will allow you to set up an account where you can store information such as your guest list, seating arrangements, budget, and wedding checklist. Beware: These sites will eat the hours in the day for breakfast. You may need to set the kitchen timer so as not to become completely absorbed and consumed by the abyss of weddings. I would, however, make a folder in your Favorites list for strictly for wedding resources like these. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Katelin!! What an awesome resource. When my time comes I will definitely be using this page as a guide. Good work lady. I would be thrilled if you included me in one of your write ups, honored really. I hope this site leads to future opportunities for you. And it was so nice to see you the other day!

    -Carolyn

    ReplyDelete